SeikiTech.com Sign Making Forum
November 12, 2018, 11:33:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Write Port Error  (Read 3630 times)
RenoGraphicsCompany

View Profile Email
« on: April 10, 2014, 05:49:55 PM »

Is the write port error a problem with the machine or software? I am getting sick of this, I am local, I am the guy that comes in all the time and gets heat press vinyl. Taller white guy, blonde wife. I have reistalled flexi 8 starter as well as my drivers for 64 bit windows 7. Usually I can get past this but it is being a pain in my ass. And when you are cutting a 36" banner and it errors out half way through, that is a big waste of vinyl...... Don. my acct with you is throu Maccabee Arms
RenoGraphicsCompany

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 07:12:09 PM »

I forgot to mention this happens when I cut larger things. And I have plenty of available ram, and virtual available. I shut everything down when I cut large items and make sure that I only have Flexi and Production Manager as my main programs running.
seikitech
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 09:38:25 AM »

Call us at 775-636-7621
Skeeterlost

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 07:13:02 PM »

write port error is caused when plugging the cable into your computer when computer is turned on.  You cause your computer to assign another com port number.  Then the com port numbers doesn't match in your computer device manager and your Flexistarter software.  Then you get a write port error.  Only plug your cutter cable into your computer when the computer is turned off.  Plug vinyl cutter cable in , THEN turn your computer and vinyl cutter on. It will help you a bunch.

Always turn your cutter off and back on between jobs to dump the data from the last job.

I changed my packet size in default job properties to 1000kb   .  just erase the 8 and enter 1000kb.  Apply and  OK
rosasparks

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 12:13:29 AM »

I changed my packet size in default job properties to 1000kb   .  just erase the 8 and enter 1000kb.  Apply and  OK

did this seem to stop your issue permanently? I don't pull my cable out EVER during writing, or while the computer is turned onů just wondering if that is the perma fix I need.
rosasparks

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 12:19:42 AM »

did this seem to stop your issue permanently? I don't pull my cable out EVER during writing, or while the computer is turned onů just wondering if that is the perma fix I need.

OKAY SKEETER, I think I found you on another site and that user posted up a testimonial, so I'm give it a swing and see what happens, please pray for me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: