SeikiTech.com Sign Making Forum
April 26, 2018, 07:57:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blade offset adjustment...  (Read 149 times)
kcprinthouse

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2018, 06:49:33 PM »

I'm using Signcut V2 and a SeikiTech 870T on Windows 10.  Is the only way to adjust the blade offset on these machines thru the software?  I've noticed on other machines, the blade offset can be adjust within the machine menu itself (roland).

I just want to make sure I'm not missing a setting in the cutter menu and that using the software to adjust the blade offset is the only way to do so.

Thanks
Ben
seikitech
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 12:36:17 PM »

You need to adjust the offset in the software.
kcprinthouse

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 02:13:41 PM »

So is the test cut useless?  What offset is loaded into the firmware to perform the test cut you can engage from the control panel?  I used a star I cut from SignCut because it seems like the test cut is pointless if I can't change the offset on the machine.  Is this a correct assumption?
seikitech
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 10:31:33 AM »

The test cut on the machine helps adjusting the cutting depth. You need to adjust the blade holder every time, but usually, you don't need to change the offset setting.
kcprinthouse

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 03:33:19 PM »

Well, regardless of my offset, I always get the same result.  Any other adjustments?  Used 3 different new blades, all with same result.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: