SeikiTech.com Sign Making Forum
November 26, 2020, 08:22:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Can not Open Port" Error  (Read 24904 times)
seikitech
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: October 21, 2009, 10:28:10 AM »

If you didn't set the port# correctly in Production Manager or connect the cable to different USB port, you will receive "Can not Open Port" Error when pressing the Send button.
1. If you are using a USB connection, you need to "Verify USB Driver Installation".  If you can't verify, you may need to reinstall the driver and try again.  Instruction and drivers are in below link.
http://seikitech.com/forum/index.php?topic=2.msg207#msg207
2. After verifying the "Verify USB Driver Installation", open the Production Manager, on the left panel of the Production Manager, ensure or change the COM# to the same as is "Verify USB Driver Installation".
3. To change the COM# in the Production Manager to match the COM# in Device Manager, right click on the driver node in the left panel of the Production Manager and select Change Port.
4. You may need to restart your computer after above changes.
5. If above setting doesn't fix the problem, it could be the Hardware issue.  It could be USB cable, I/O board, or Mother Board.
If you need replace above parts, current Mother Board in our web store includes I/O board.
I/O Board
Mother Board
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 10:39:59 AM by seikitech » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: